Monday, August 3, 2009

Bats and Sups, Watching Over Me



Check it out, a g33ky craft! Sorry it's been a while.

I bought these frames with prefab prints on Ebay. They were nice, I guess, but too pedestrian for my taste.



I painted them with the same warm white paint as the shadowbox, then I cut the silhouettes out of black card stock and glue sticked them over a piece of blue card stock and cut them to fit the frames. Easy and cool!

I used these iconic Jim Lee covers for reference.



Well... for tracing, actually. I bought a Light Tracer back when I was an animation student, and it has been my best friend for line drawing ever since. I use it to clean up original art in addition to stealing other people's.

This is all part of my "saloon wall" collage, which is now above my chest of drawers in the bedroom.



I think I'm going to replace the gold prints at the bottom with more photos, since I'm not feeling the gold. But I am loving the symmetrical randomness.

1 comment:

Natty said...

Wow, that looks fantastic!