Saturday, October 4, 2008

To the Pirate Faire

I've been a way for a while; sorry, I got a job! It's short term for now, but it pays well and the work is relatively stress free (so far). I've been all busy again so I'm backlogged on posts; here's one I meant to post last week.


Geoff and I went to the Pirate Faire in Ojai, California. It was, believe it or not, the 17th annual pirate faire at this location. It was like a Renaissance Faire, except more absurd.


Yar!


There was a pirate battle, with a mini pirate ship performing some forced perspective for us.


And very loud cannons.




I could not tell you who won.


If I was going to a Pirate Faire I was going to dress up a little anyway. I found our costumes at the excellent Salvation Army on Sepulveda in Van Nuys.

My costume was three separate pieces that somehow managed to work together. Geoff's shirt was an actual pirate costume shirt that got accidentally sorted into woman's clothing. Total cost, ten dollars.


There were many other more elaborate costumes. People did take this fairly seriously.




Cute pirate sock monkey!


Heh heh heh. You're right, she does look pretty easy...

No comments: